Sentry Dome Camera & Infrared Dome Camera
Available in: HD-TVI / HD-SDI / Hybrid Model
The TVI version now has a Motorized Zoom Lens
Rugged Cams has reached the pinnacle of Dome Camera design with the Sentry series of dome cameras. The Sentry-HD Dome Camera and the Sentry-HD Infrared Dome Camera are the toughest, smartest dome cameras ever offered by Rugged Cams. When you compare the features, performance and price of the Sentry-HD dome cameras, they are clearly the best value of any dome cameras that we know of.
Security Dealers and end users alike have ordered more of the Sentry series of dome cameras in the last few months, than any other dome camera we have ever offered. In fact, we have increased production of the Sentry domes to be able to keep up with demand. These dome cameras are that good, and you’re about to learn why.
Best Dome Camera Housing Design In The Industry The Sentry-HD series are built on our new SentryDome frame housing, which has a number of innovations designed into it that clearly make it the best dome housing in the industry. Here are the Top 8 features of this new dome housing:
- Totally Sealed against moisture and dust (IP68 Certified)
- More ways to mount it: Surface Mount, Flush Mount or optional Wall Mount
- American 3/4” Conduit openings that take any type of metal, plastic or liquid tight piping
- Heated to withstand temperature extremes to -40º below zero
- American Polycarbonate Dome is crystal clear with no distortions
- Steel Wire Safety Harness ensures the top of the dome will not fall when installing or servicing
- 3-Axis Camera Positioning Bracket – allows the user to turn, rotate and align the camera to produce a straight and level picture under any mounting condition or angle
- Designed to be easy to install and part of Rugged Cams’ new “Easy Pro Install System” – which, if needed, can also include an optional swing-out Wall Mount that has additional conduit openings and increases the vandal proof properties even more
3 Axis Positioning
Sentry Heating Unit
Menu Control / Video Port
Now Include SONY’s Newest Camera Technology – (for TVI & HD-SDI) 1080p-HD
The TVI version has the ability to call up the camera’s Menu from the DVR (or your phone or Tablet), and even zoom the motorized Zoom Lens in & out to suit the view you need – or even to simply zoom in on something you need to see closer and in more detail.
There is also a Joystick Controller (and the video output right beside it that provides an extra video feed to operate any CCTV Tester or monitor), that allows you to call up the camera Menu or zoom the lens during mounting.
Need Even More Lighting At Night? Then Get the Infrared Dome Camera Version.
The Sentry-HD Infrared Dome Camera version has all of the same great features and is alike in every way, but we have included a Day/Night Sensor, some Menu items for precise control, and 40 High Performance Infrared LED’s.
These High Performance LED Infrared lamps throw out invisible Infrared Lighting as far as 100′ outdoors and 165′ indoors. Plus – we have included the Smart IR feature that will automatically brighten or dim the Infrared LED’s to deliver just the right amount of Infrared Lighting in every scene. This ensures that a person or object that is very close to the camera is not overexposed, which is what happens to many normal IR dome cameras where the IR Light is too strong and causes the person or object to be totally washed out with too much light. This feature also increases power to the Infrared lamps when a distant object or person is in the scene. This Smart IR feature can be turned on or off via the Menu.
Combine the Dome Housing’s tough, heated shell, and all of the SONY camera features, with a True Day/Night Telephoto Zoom lens that adjusts all the way from wide angle (3.5mm lens setting), or zoomed in almost 5X as close (up to 16mm) – all remotely through the DVR or your phone and tablet (TVI version only).
Compare the TOP Features of the Sentry-HD Dome Camera and the Sentry-HD Infrared Dome Camera with any other dome cameras on the market:
- SONY 1080p (TVI & HD-SDI versions)
- D-WDR – Digital Wide Dynamic Range Light Handling
- Smart 3D-DNR – Digital Noise Reduction reduces graininess when the camera is amplifying light
- F-DNR – Helps to clear the picture in Foggy conditions or when raining, snowing, etc.
- Digital & Motorized Zoom Control (Motorized only available on TVI version)
- Digital Image Stabilization – stabilizes the picture if wind or vibration shakes the camera or mounting pole
- Lens Shading Correction – corrects the picture as much as possible if sunlight or shade falls across part of the lens
- Defect Correction – if any pixels burn out, this corrects the picture and erases those pixels
- Sense Up – amplifies low light to continue delivering a clear picture
- Privacy Masking Areas – can block out neighbor’s windows or other sensitive areas
- True Day/Night Telephoto Zoom lens – 3.5mm to 16mm Wide Range (Manual for Analog & HD-SDI, and Motorized for the TVI version)
- 40 High Performance Infrared LED’s – (Infrared version only) 100′ outdoors and 165′ indoor Infrared Lighting Distance
- Smart IR – (IR version only) varies the power and intensity of the Infrared lamps to correctly light each scene
- Built-in Heater – protects the camera down to -40º below Zero
- Dual Voltage Auto-Sensing – 12V DC or 24V AC Power
Before you buy any other Dome Camera, compare Specs. You will see that the Sentry-HD is the best value out there!
Installation / Technical Information
Distance over standard 18/2 power cable
12v DC .590mA / 24v AC .375mA
Maximum Distance for 12v DC is 155′ feet
Maximum Distance for 24v AC is 500′ feet