Rugged Cams builds low cost Weatherproof DVR’s for challenging environments, whether indoors in dusty, corrosive environments, or outdoors in the heat, cold and weather.
Rugged Cams builds this weatherproof DVR in a UL rated NEMA 4X, UV resistant, corrosion proof Fiberglass (FRP) enclosure that is non-conductive, lighter, easier to drill or saw, less expensive than stainless steel, and is just as corrosion proof. Rugged Cams then insulates the enclosure and adds stainless steel hinges, lockable closures, and neoprene gaskets, which gives the user an enclosure that will provide optimum protection in the harshest environments, such as subdivision gates and entries, chemical plants, food processing, refineries, oil well and tank battery sites, water and wastewater treatment facilities and even platforms or ships at sea.
The RuggedVision III weatherproof DVR from Rugged Cams is our 3rd Generation of ruggedized DVR’s for challenging environments, and can be configured to operate at temperatures down to -40° below zero (with optional adhesive heating pad), and up to +140° F. Rugged Cams makes this possible by utilizing our extended temperature series of ruggedized DVR’s, then extending the range even farther by use of the enclosure (especially at lower temps in cold climates).
The end result is a weatherproof indoor/outdoor DVR that is thousands less than using custom made stainless steel enclosures that have fan forced heat and expensive air conditioning systems.
The RuggedVision Weatherproof DVR can be ordered with the type of technology you need:
- 1080p HD-TVI DVR’s (4,8 or 16 channels)
Each type is totally networkable and accessible on the Internet with complete control and monitoring from Desktops, Cell Phones, iPads or other devices. You can even monitor and control multiple Weatherproof DVR’s that are in different locations, all on one screen. They can even be different types (Analog, HD-TVI).
Users can control and program almost every feature and setting remotely, and even transfer archived footage clips – from anywhere in the world. Different password levels enables the administrator to set permissions, restrict viewing of certain cameras and even who can search the archives or transfer event footage from the unit.
If Internet access is not available at the installation location, the Weatherproof DVR can still be totally managed right at the DVR. The inside front panel contains a full control panel, infrared receiver for the wireless remote and USB stick ports for transferring archive footage or updating the firmware. There is also a 10” 1080p Monitor connected via HDMI, that gives you high resolution camera views and Menu screens.
Options for the RuggedVision III Weatherproof DVR include:
- adhesive 110 volt Heating Pad for operation down to -40° F below
- 4Terabyte Hard Drives (4 Tb standard – up to 2 drives supported)
- Additional weatherproof front door lock (with neoprene raintight cap) to supplement the side locks
- Pole Mounting hardware (2” through Telephone Pole sizes adjustable)
Each RuggedVision III Weatherproof DVR comes with everything you will need for a complete system installation, and will be operational upon initial power-up:
- 4, 8 or 16 Channel DVR or NVR installed (with Quick Reference Guide & Digital Manual)
- 9 or 18 Channel 12V DC Camera Power Supply installed
- 1080p 10” Monitor built-in
- Inside Front Panel Control Panel for DVR operation and management
- Remote Control for DVR
- 4 or 8 Cable Glands for bare wire entry to enclosures
- Putty block for sealing cable glands or conduit openings after installation (necessary to keep moisture and insects from entering the enclosure)
- Double outlet 110v AC plug supplied (have your electrician wire a dedicated power circuit to the plug – then seal the power conduit as well)
During installation, any size hole can be drilled or cut to allow for any size or type of traditional or waterproof conduit. Once the wiring has been installed, trimmed and connected, use the supplied putty to seal up each conduit entry to keep the enclosure sealed. Cold air, insects and even moisture can enter the enclosure through the conduit entries if they are not sealed. These entries must be sealed to comply with the Warranty requirements.
Install Cabinet in shaded area or out of direct sunlight