When we set out to design The Ultimate Weatherproof Infrared Camera we were thinking about our customers who need a high quality Long Range Infrared Solution to see down driveways, across parking lots, or to invisibly light up a dark area behind a building or in an alley.
While we were at it, we decided to make it rugged enough to withstand any environment, and to last a lifetime.
The way to make a camera of that caliber is to use only the best materials, and to include features that no other company can match. Compare the following feature list to any other long-range weatherproof infrared camera on the market:
We chose the best camera module Sony makes. The 1/3” Sony 960H Ex-view HAD CCD with the following features:
- 650 Lines of Resolution (Day/Color)
- 700 Lines of Resolution (Night/B&W)
- D-WDR: Digital Wide Dynamic Range – the UIR employs a DSP Chip (Digital Signal Processing) that adjusts each pixel for the best light handing ability. So whether your picture has strong light or the sun shining from behind or in front of your subject, the result is a clear, corrected image in any lighting condition.
- 3DNR (3D Noise Reduction)
- Powerful Night Sensitivity (ranges from 2X to 125X as sensitive as normal cameras – automatically)
- Signal to Noise Ratio of more than 52db (this is an important spec to watch for – compare to other cameras with a lower 48db ratio – the difference is clearer and definitely noticeable)
- Intelligent Back light Control (tones down lighting coming from the rear of your subject and makes faces clearer)
- On Screen Menu -gives you the ability to access the digital zoom feature of 1X-32X, motion detection zones feature, privacy masking of sensitive areas of the picture, etc.
- True Day/Night operation – with a mechanical filter that changes from day to night more (no blurry infrared focus shift problems)
- Additional Features – Freeze frame, flip the picture, digital zoom, motion detection, etc.
Then we couple the Sony Camera module to a powerful 5-50mm Long Distance Telephoto Lens that enhances night vision performance, and makes it possible to see a clear image at least 2 times longer than conventional cameras – it even out performs Sony’s 960H Ex-view HAD CCD camera module.
- Focus & Zoom Control knobs on back of camera (no more “cracking the case”)
- High power Infrared LED lamps throw out light up to 150’ AND has intelligent IR compensation that assures long LED life
- Dual power Sensitivity (12V DC or 24 AC Auto Sensing)
- IP 67 water/weatherproof – Immersion Tested – no leaks – no fogging or condensation
- High Strength mount with cable concealed thru the bracket
- External monitor port & Connector on back of camera (quick zoom & focus without unhooking the camera)
Any reputable company should not only stand behind every product they make and provide excellent technical support, but also should never be afraid to show you who their customers are and provide references. Don’t settle for anything less!
Rugged Cams makes the best Weatherproof Infrared Camera on the planet!